Innovations, Honors, Awards
Dr. Shanelec has been a leader in the profession for over three decades. He served as President of the California Society of Periodontists in 1988, implementing the first public awareness campaign in the country about periodontal disease and the partnership between general dentists and periodontists in maintaining optimal oral health.
Recognized by colleagues throughout the world for his clinical excellence, Dr. Shanelec not only pioneered dental implant and periodontal microsurgery, but he also the Director and Founder of the premier training center in the world for these procedures.
Some of Dr. Shanelec’s awards and honors include the following:
- American Academy of Periodontology: Master Clinician Award 2010
- Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry: Master of Innovation Award 2005
- Dentistry Today: Outstanding Lecturer in Periodontics 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Microsurgery Training Institute: Founder 1994
- California Society of Periodontists: Award for Outstanding Achievement 1988
- California Society of Periodontists: President 1988
- California Society of Periodontists: Award for Clinical Excellence 1986