Dental implants are substitute tooth roots, used to replace natural tooth roots. They prevent the bone deterioration and resorption that occurs when teeth are lost. Dental Implants provide a stable foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Implants?
The two most significant benefits that are provided only by dental implant treatment are…
- Dental implant preserve bone and the integrity of facial structures.
- There is no need to compromise the health of adjacent teeth by such as cutting teeth down to support bridges.
In addition, dental implants treatment provides the best long-term prognosis of any tooth replacement option. For instance, the average bridge lasts just 10 years, but dental implants are designed to last a lifetime. For this reason, dental implant treatment is the most cost-effective long term treatment option.
Some of the other benefits include:
- Restores your mouth as closely as possible to a normal function with a natural smile
- Improves appearance by eliminating wrinkles around the mouth that occur when teeth are lost
- Improves health by restoring your ability to chew and enjoy healthy foods
- Increases comfort by eliminating pain from loose fitting partial and full and dentures
- Easier to clean, more hygienic than tooth-supported bridges
For more information visit The Dental Implant Guide